Signs Your Blocked Drain Needs Emergency Plumbing
Blocked drains are a massive headache that causes many problems to homeowners in Sydney. Sometimes the clogged pipes might be the tip of the iceberg with a more significant problem hidden in the drains below. The sooner your call in a plumber, the better are your chances of getting away with minimal damages to your property in Sydney. If you find any leaks or cracks in the drains, call an emergency plumber from Local Plumbing Heroes to resolve your issues. Following are the signs that you should look out for regarding blocked drains:
Slow Flow of Water and Stagnant Water: One of the easiest ways to find out about blocked drains is by observing water flow. Due to the blockage, you will see that the pipe size causes to be reduced, which reduces the water or liquid flow. Eventually, you would observe stagnant water on the top surface, indicating a blocked drain. If you see stagnant water in your kitchen sink or outdoor gutters, you should immediately call us to help resolve the issues; otherwise, it may become a breeding ground for insects, fungi, algae, etc.
Frozen pipes: This issue is commonly found during heavy snowfall or freezing winters. The water, which would usually flow smoothly, would freeze and cause blockage (as the water turns into ice). Calling our emergency plumber will ensure your pipes are cleared and working at an optimal level.
Leaks: Water always finds its way to pass through any blockages to its path. Due to the blocked drains, the pressure inside the pipes rises, which causes them to leak. Though it might not seem a severe problem at first, if you don’t call in a plumber on time, you would be risking higher monetary losses, as it might damage the walls, underground floorings, and even structural damages. Call us to get help from our emergency plumber in Sydney to help you resolve your pipe leaks at the earliest.
Strange Noises in The Walls and Near Drains: You might sometimes hear strange and funny noises in the pipes and drains, which suggests that there might be a blockage somewhere down the line. Our plumber would help you quickly find the problem source and clean the drain to get a clear pipe and drain that would give you hassle-free operations when doing your daily chores.
Causes of Blocked Drains:
The main factors that plumbers observe when clearing the blockage from the drains include-
- Grease and Oil
- Tree and Plant Roots
- Loose Hair
- Foreign substances were clogging the pipes—E.g. Food, toys, diapers, etc.
- Gas build-up.
- Moulds, mildew, algae build-up, etc.
What Should Be Done in Case of a Drain Emergency?
Calling an emergency plumber from Local Plumbing Heroes should be your first step for any drains-related emergencies. It would be best to look for the problem area to help the plumber resolve it as early as possible.
- Identifying the cause of the blockage, for example, food, diapers, sanitary pads, tree roots, oil, grease, paper, cotton, etc., should never be disposed of in the drain. Make a habit of placing waste bins near toilets, and the kitchen drains to avoid blocked drains.
- If the drain is not working efficiently, you should stop using it and reach out to our experienced plumber to get the drain operational.
- Keeping an eye out on the water quality is essential. Whether on the toilet, bathroom, kitchen, etc., the soap and other cleaning agents that we use can contain an elevated level of calcium and other minerals, causing block drainage. Reaching out to our dedicated team of plumbers near you for regular maintenance will help resolve this issue.
- Look out for early signs of blocked drains to ensure that the problems are not escalated. If that’s the case, our emergency plumber can help without you having to face more hassle.
At Local Plumbing Heroes, we have the best team of skilled, licensed, and qualified plumbers to resolve your plumbing issues. Our services can be availed 24/7, and our emergency plumber in Sydney will reach your address at the shortest turnaround and manage the task without any hassle. Feel free to call us on 02 9067 9553 for a free quote and best advice for issues related to plumbing.